The 21st edition, which takes place from 18 to 30 October 2022, has chosen this year to build its program of action around the “recruitment and retention of referees”.
Since October 18, many operations have been carried out across France, in stadiums, media, clubs and also on social networks to celebrate the 21st anniversary of La Poste’s National Referee Days (JNA) .
Currently, some sports federations suffer from a deficit in the number of referees or have difficulties in retaining them over time. The aim is therefore to raise awareness among potential referee candidates and to promote a function that sport and football cannot do without. As a JNA ambassador, Blaise Matuidi helps to expand the reach of the messages delivered.
Refereeing and football in 2021 was:
– 21,000 official referees
– 1,000 women referees
– 94 referees in Ligue 1 Uber Eats and Ligue 2 BK
Initiatives carried out on the grounds of Ligue 1 Uber Eats and Ligue 2 BKT
On this occasion, the Professional Football League, partner of the JNA since 2001, undertakes to enhance the role of referee. This weekend, the 12th day of the Ligue 1 Uber Eats and the 13th day of the Ligue 2 BKT have thus been dedicated to the National Referee Days and, thus, the previous protocol has been adapted to all stadiums .
– 20 “La Poste Arbitration Days” field panels were shown before the match.
– 60 Escort Kids in “La Poste Arbitration Days” clothing accompanied the captains and referees during the pre-match protocol.
– 20 mock starts have been given by young referees from each region.
– Messages from Uber Eats Ligue 1 players encouraging them to become referees have been posted on social media.
– Flags with the colors of the La Poste Referee Days and the “All Referees” action program were exchanged between the captains and the referees.
– The “All referees” armbands were worn by captains and referees.
– Loudspeaker messages and spots on giant screens in the stadiums completed the awareness and promotion actions in favor of the involvement of young people in refereeing.
If you want to try your hand at refereeing, go to: https://www.tousarbitrators.fr/
– Malherbe Stadium Caen (@SMCaen) October 23, 2022
— Ligue 1 Uber Eats (@Ligue1UberEats) October 22, 2022
— Chamois Niortais FC (@ChamoisNiortais) October 23, 2022